Q: What should I do to prepare for your visit.
A: Here are some suggestions that will make our work go more quickly:
- Make sure the computer is fully accessible. We may need to get inside the computer, so having easy access to the computer is essential.
- If you have animals, please keep them somewhere where they will not interfere with the work.
- Have all original CD's that came with your computer readily available.
Q: Do you guarantee your work?
A: We guarantee that when we are finished with the job and collect payment that the work we were called in to perform will be done. If the problem was a virus or
spyware, we guarantee that the virus or spyware will be gone from the computer when we leave. However, we cannot guarantee that you will not get more viruses or spyware after we leave. We have no control over what you may download from the
Internet, so we cannot guarantee that you will remain free from viruses and spyware after we leave.
Q: My computer crashed or I cannot get into Windows. Can you retrieve my documents, pictures, email, etc?
A: In most cases, yes we can. Please call us for more details. If you are hearing loud clicking, grinding, or other mechanical noises coming from your computer, stop using the computer immediately in order to prevent damage to your information.
Q: How long does a service call usually take?
A: It can vary from job to job but the "average" job is usually 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
Q: Do you work on Macs?
A: Yes we do! Please call our office at 215-703-7457
for more details.
Q: Do you work on televisions, radios, microwaves, cars, etc.?
A: No, we only service computers.
Q: Where would you suggest I shop for a good but inexpensive computer?
A: We have partnerships with a few different major computer
manufacturers and can help you configure a computer to fit your
needs. Please contact us for more information.
Q: What kind of experience do your technicians have?
A: Please see the 'About Us' page for details on our technicians.
Q: Does the time start when you get to my house or when you are traveling?
A: For service calls in our normal service area, we do not charge for travel time.
Q: Where are you located?
A: Our office is in Philadelphia, PA.
Q: Can I bring my computer to you to have it worked on?
A: No, sorry.
Q: Do you offer phone support?
A: No, sorry.
Q: What are your hourly rates?
A: This information can be found on our
Q: What is your service area? Is there a travel fee?
A: Please see our service area maps for more details.
Q: I want to upgrade to Windows XP. What do I need to know and what steps can I take to prepare for this?
A: You want to make sure your computer meets Microsoft's minimum system requirements for XP. Here is a link to Microsoft's detailed information: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/sysreqs.asp.
We recommend at least 500MB of RAM for the best performance. If you are not sure if your computer meets these requirements, just give us a call and we'll help you determine what is right for your computer.
Please gather all of the CD's or installation disks for any programs that you are using on your computer. We many need to reinstall these after the upgrade. This includes such programs as:
- Microsoft Office (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, and Outlook)
- America Online
- Personal finance or accounting/tax software (Quicken, Microsoft Money, Peachtree, Turbo Tax, etc.)
- AntiVirus or Firewall software (Norton AntiVirus, McAfee, Zone Alarm, etc.)
Make a list of any other personal information you want to keep. This usually includes:
- Contents of the 'My Documents' folder (documents, pictures, music and multimedia files)
- Favorite Internet sites/bookmarks
- Email, Address Book, and Calendar
- Backup of personal finance information (from Quicken or Microsoft Money)